Mark Humphrey/Associated Press
One of the most valuable parts of the predraft process is the in-person and up-close scouting opportunities for all 30 NBA teams.
Every year, scouts and executives end up focused on a certain player because of these workouts. For example, Utah Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey wanted to select Donovan Mitchell so badly in 2017 that he basically threatened to fire anyone who leaked information of the workout.
Whenever the 2020 NBA draft reaches that point, some of the sleepers in the class will emerge. Although this grouping has no perfect definition, this piece is focused on players who aren’t consensus first-round prospects.
Following a first-round mock, we’ve highlighted a couple of players to know before the predraft process begins.
2020 NBA Mock Draft Round 1
1. Golden State Warriors: Anthony Edwards, SG, Georgia
2. Cleveland Cavaliers: Deni Avdija, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv
3. Minnesota Timberwolves: LaMelo Ball, PG, Illawarra Hawks
4. Atlanta Hawks: Obi Toppin, PF, Dayton
5. Detroit Pistons: James Wiseman, C, Memphis
6. New York Knicks: Killian Hayes, PG, Ratiopharm Ulm
7. Chicago Bulls: Tyrese Haliburton, PG, Iowa State
8. Charlotte Hornets: Onyeka Okongwu, PF/C, USC
9. Washington Wizards: Cole Anthony, PG, North Carolina
10. Phoenix Suns: Isaac Okoro, SF, Auburn
11. San Antonio Spurs: Devin Vassell, SF, Florida State
12. Sacramento Kings: Tyrese Maxey, SG, Kentucky
13. New Orleans Pelicans: Aaron Nesmith, SF, Vanderbilt
14. Portland Trail Blazers: R.J. Hampton, SG, New Zealand Breakers
15. Orlando Magic: Kira Lewis Jr., PG, Alabama
16. Minnesota Timberwolves (from BKN): Saddiq Bey, SF, Villanova
17. Boston Celtics (from MEM): Patrick Williams, PF, Florida State
18. Dallas Mavericks: Aleksej Pokusevski, PF, Olympiacos
19. Milwaukee Bucks (from IND): Precious Achiuwa, PF/C, Memphis
20. Brooklyn Nets (from PHI): Josh Green, SG, Arizona
21. Denver Nuggets (from HOU): Nico Mannion, PG, Arizona
22. Philadelphia 76ers (from OKC): Vernon Carey Jr., PF/C, Duke
23. Miami Heat: Jalen Smith, PF, Maryland
24. Utah Jazz: Theo Maledon, PG, ASVEL
25. Oklahoma City Thunder (from DEN): Jaden McDaniels, SF/PF, Washington
26. Boston Celtics: Leandro Bolmaro, SF, FC Barcelona
27. New York Knicks (from LAC): Tre Jones, PG, Duke
28. Toronto Raptors: Tyrell Terry, PG, Stanford
29. Los Angeles Lakers: Jahmi’us Ramsey, SG, Texas Tech
30. Boston Celtics (from MIL): Xavier Tillman, PF, Michigan State
Grant Riller, G, Charleston
During the college basketball season, power-conference players generally attract the most attention. However, the predraft process offers an enormous opportunity for everyone else.
Grant Riller is one such player who stands to benefit—assuming it happens, yes, but we’ll work under that premise.
A four-year starter at the College of Charleston, Riller averaged 21.9 points in both his junior and senior seasons. He’s an adept pick-and-roll…
Read More: NBA Draft 2020: Complete 1st-Round Mock Draft and Sleepers to Watch | Bleacher 2020-05-23 14:18:04